I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by kindredspirit23. Thank you so much for appreciating my writing, it means the whole world to me and makes me unbelievably happy. I’m very, very grateful for all the support I’ve been getting from you.
Okay. There are some rules that come with this award that I need to follow… and while I’m not really a big fan of this whole answer-the-questions-and-tag-people kind of thing, I’ll see what I can do 😉
First of all, I’m supposed to post 11 facts about myself. Here we go:
- I come from a non-English-speaking country. I’ve been learning the language at school, at private lessons and on my own—by translating song lyrics, watching tons of interviews with my favorite artists and, of course, reading books. Soon, it became my obsession.
- Writing has always been a huge part of me. I still have my very first diary (the six-year-old version of me was hilarious). Later, apart from keeping diaries/journals, I started creating fiction worlds and complicating my imaginary characters’ lives. And now? I have to write all the time. And I like to do it the old fashioned way—using pen and paper.
- Music is what keeps me alive. I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be the same person I am today without my favorite bands/artists.
- I don’t really know what I want to do in the future. I guess it’ll probably have to do with writing. Translating books would be a nice thing to do. And maybe, someday, someone will be translating mine 😉
- I have a pet turtle.
- I’m a shy person. I don’t say much and I don’t like being in the center of attention. I usually stay back and just do my own thing. But if given a chance, I can turn into your very bestest friend ever in the whole wide world.
- This is weird, but I like things that make me cry. And by things I mean books, movies, songs… etc. When I read a book, I like to feel what the characters are feeling. The more tormenting it is, the better!
- I often find beauty where others see nothing.
- I love the sky. I love the way it’s always different when you look at it, yet it’s always beautiful. I also love the stars—I could watch them for hours.
- I absolutely adore rain. I adore the smell of it. And the sound it makes when it pours against my rooftop. Is there anything more beautiful?
- I’m a full time dreamer. My head is packed up with things that make completely no sense, but I’d be nothing without them; without my wild imagination and my mind that is an extremely loud place. It’s never boring in there.
I could probably say a lot more, but it’s supposed to be 11 facts, so you’re lucky. Now, I’m going to answer 11 questions that Scott answered on his blog.
1. What is your earliest lingering memory?
Blowing the first candle on my bitrhday cake. My grandmother was holding me. But I’m not really sure if it’s a real memory or just a photograph I’ve seen. Hahaha!
2. Is there a person from history you admire more than any other and if so, why do you admire them?
I don’t really know. History has never been my favorite subject at school, so… let’s just move on to the next question.
3. Do you have a hobby that is unrelated to your work? And if so, what is it?
Nothing is related to my work because I don’t have one 😉 My hobby is (surprise!) writing. And reading. And learning English. Sometimes I also draw. And make friendship bracelets.
4. How many houses have you lived in, including your current?
2 houses so far. We moved not to long ago and I absolutely love my new room.
5. How do you think you might fair on University Challenge?
I have no idea what that is.
6. Is there another time in history you’d like to live? When would it be and why?
I don’t know. I don’t really think about things like that. I try to focus on the present and enjoy it because that’s all we have.
7. How long do you spend on the net per day?
A lot. Probably too much.
8. If you could run your country, what would be the first act of your Premiership?
Tough one! I guess I would never want to run a country. I suck at making decisions and that would be way too much responsibility for me.
9. Do you have a favorite record? If so, which is it?
It’s really hard to pick one! But if I have to choose, it’s One-X by Three Days Grace. It means a lot to me. And the song Never Too Late is my most played song ever. It reminds me of what’s important and helps me find the strength not to give up, no matter how badly I want to.
10. Who has been the biggest influence on your life so far?
A lot of people. But mostly my parents. They are the closest people I have, the ones I look up to the most, and our relationship is really amazing. There also are some other people in my life who make me want to try my hardest and be the better version of me. They may not know that, but I’m very grateful for just knowing them. And, of course, my favorite artists are also among those who influence me. My biggest hero is Adam Gontier, the former singer of Three Days Grace. This man will never stop inspiring me. He makes me respect him more and more with every single thing he does.
11. Why do you blog?
Blogging gives me the chance to be heard (or I should rather say, to be read). I put a part of me into everything I post here and it’s always exciting to share it with people. I suppose now is a great time to say how much I appreciate every single person who hits the ‘like’ button on my posts, who comments on my writing and who follows my blog. It makes me believe in myself a little bit more and it makes me smile at my laptop like crazy. That’s why I blog. It makes me feel like this thing that some people call ‘a waste of time’ is actually worth something. Because it certainly is.
And that’s it. I DID IT. A round of applause for me, please!
Now, here comes the part where I’m going to cheat a little and break the rules (aren’t they made to be broken, anyway?!). I’m supposed to nominate 11 [or more?] people for this award. And there surely are a lot of blogs and writers that I admire, but I think most of them have already done this thing and honestly, when I think of a special person I’d like to pass this award to, there’s one that comes to my mind immediately.
So, yeah, I’m going to break the rule and nominate only one person. Because it’s a super special person to me.
Let’s all take a moment to appreciate A Mushy Rat—the one who got me into blogging because she wanted to read my stories. She’s also my very awesome (and talented!) friend, so make sure you all check out her blog and her writing skills.
And I should probably come up with my own 11 questions right now, but this post is already way longer than originally planned, so that’s it.
Thanks again and see you soon (as soon as I get to rewrite the stuff I’ve been working on).
Have a nice day, everyone!